Personal information we collect about you
When you make an enquiry or make a booking with us, we may collect and use the following personal information about you and the members of your party:
- Your name and contact information, including email address and telephone number and company details (if relevant)
- Information to enable us to check and verify your identity e.g. your date of birth
- Your billing information, transaction and payment card information
- Details about your club membership and handicap
- Information about how you use our website, IT, communication and other systems
- Your responses to surveys, competitions and promotions
This personal information is required to provide our services to you. If you do not provide personal information we ask for, it may delay or prevent us from providing services to you.
How your personal information is collected
We collect most of this personal information directly from you—in person, by telephone, text or email and via our website.
Like many other Web sites, https://www.fairwaysscotland.com makes use of log files to help us improve our online services. The information inside these log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. This information is used to analyze trends, administer the site, track user's movement around the site, and gather demographic information. No log information that is collected is personally identifiable to you.
DoubleClick DART Cookie
- Google's use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to our site's visitors based upon their visit to https://www.fairwaysscotland.com and other sites on the Internet.
How and why we use your personal information
Under data protection law, we can only use your personal information if we have a proper reason for doing so, such to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, for the performance of our contract with you (or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract), for our legitimate interests or those of a third party; or where you have given consent. As a tour operator, we make various reservations through a number of suppliers to put together a complete travel package for our clients. Below is a list of ways in which we use your personal data and that of your party, in order to create a tour package and to carry our service to you. In order to provide our services to you, we use your personal data (and that of your party) in the following ways:
- To respond to your enquires: in order to respond to enquiries you make and provide quotes
- To manage your booking: to contact you about your booking
- Accommodation: when accommodation is part of your booking, we will share your details with your chosen accommodation provider (e.g. hotel, B&B, self catering property or private accommodation). When making reservations, the names of the party are provided to secure the booking. Some accommodation suppliers may also request the nationality of the person using the reservation. When families with kids are involved, information is provided to the supplier to ensure the correct sleeping arrangements are met, such as rooms shared with parents, cot beds which are required or to ensure no child under the age are put in a room alone.
- Golf: Golf Courses or resorts require the name of each player using the tee time and often may request each player’s golfing handicap and the club or association the handicap is registered too.
Self Drive reservations- When making reservations for a self-drive package, the rental vehicle company requires the lead drivers name and age when securing the reservation. In some instances where unique requests are made e.g. vehicle drop offs, drivers may be required to provide their home address, license number and where the license was obtained. When collecting the vehicle, the driver will be asked to provide their driving licence and in some cases another form of ID. A security deposit is also taken by credit card in case any issues were to arise with the vehicle here the driver was at fault. Chauffeur Drive services- When reserving Chauffeur drive services, the supplier will ask for the client’s name and often nationality in case of cultural requirements.
- Attractions: It taking part in certain outdoor activities including horse riding, fishing, clay pigeon shooting the supplier may ask for certain details including age and height in able to provide the correct equipment. Also, whisky distilleries will ask for ages in the party to allow entry for the distillery tour.
- Payments: Payments to Fairways Scotland for our services are made via the secure payment portal on the webpage. No credit card details or personal information are kept on our system, stored by Fairways Scotland or within the secure payment portal.
Sensitive Personal Data
Sometime we will need to process special category personal information (some time called "sensitive" personal data) about you or members of your party, for example details about your health. Where we need to do so, we will always get your consent, or that of your party member, to use this data.
Marketing We may use your personal information to send you updates (by email, text message, telephone or post) about our services, including exclusive offers, promotions or new services. We will always treat your personal information with the utmost respect and never sell or share it with other organisations outside or our company, for marketing purposes. You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time by contacting us at email@example.com or by using the ‘unsubscribe’ link in emails.
Who we share your personal information with
We share personal information with:
- third parties in order to arrange your booking, such as hotels, travel operators, golf clubs
- third parties we use to help deliver our services to you, e.g. payment service providers, warehouses and delivery companies;
- other third parties we use to help us run our business, e.g. marketing agencies or website hosts;
- third parties approved by you, e.g. social media sites you choose to link your account to or third party payment providers;
- our bank; We only allow our service providers to handle your personal information if we are satisfied they take appropriate measures to protect your personal information. We may disclose and exchange information with law enforcement agencies and regulatory bodies to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations. We may also need to share some personal information with other parties, such as potential buyers of some or all of our business or during a re-structuring. Usually, information will be anonymised but this may not always be possible. The recipient of the information will be bound by confidentiality obligations.
How long your personal information will be kept
We will keep your personal information while you have an account with us or we are providing services to you. Thereafter, we will keep your personal information for as long as is necessary to respond to any questions, complaints or claims made by you or on your behalf, to show that we treated you fairly and to keep records required by law. We will not retain your personal information for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
Transferring your personal information out of the EEA
To deliver services to you, it is sometimes necessary for us to share your personal information outside the European Economic Area (EEA), for example with our partners located outside the EEA and if you are based outside the EEA. We will only do this when it is necessary for providing our services to you. If you would like further information please contact us (see ‘How to contact us’ below).
You have the following rights, which you can exercise free of charge:
- Access: the right to be provided with a copy of your personal information (the right of access)
- Rectification: the right to require us to correct any mistakes in your personal information
- To be forgotten: the right to require us to delete your personal information—in certain situations
- Restriction of processing: the right to require us to restrict processing of your personal information—in certain circumstances, e.g. if you contest the accuracy of the data
- Data portability: the right to receive the personal information you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or transmit that data to a third party—in certain situations
- To object: the right to object at any time to your personal information being processed for direct marketing (including profiling) and in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information, e.g. processing carried out for the purpose of our legitimate interests.
- Not to be subject to automated individual decision-making: the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing (including profiling) that produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you
- For further information on each of those rights including the circumstances in which they apply, or if you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us (see ‘How to contact us’ below).
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed unlawfully. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to access it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you may raise about our use of your information, however if you would like to complain about how we use your data, you can contact the Information Commissioner at: Information Commissioner's Office Wycliffe House Water Lane Wilmslow Cheshire SK9 5AF
We may change this privacy notice from time to time—when we do we will inform you via our website or direct email.
How to contact us
Our contact details are shown below:
Fairways Scotland Limited 42 Drum Brae Park Edinburgh, Scotland, EH12 8TF
Tel: + 44 (0) 7500068810
Begin planning your trip of a lifetime today